The ancestors of this sacred lake call you. Look very carefully at the photo above. Can you see the faces of the old? Do they call your spirit? These are the guardians who reside in the great Humantay lake.
Humantay Lagoon Trek
Humantay Lagoon Trek
The ancestors of this sacred lake call you. Look very carefully at the photo above. Can you see the faces of the old ? Do they call your spirit? These are the guardians that reside at the grand Humantay lake where they have stood in their righteous home for millions of years. If time is of the essence this day trek is for you. Leave Cusco behind and hike along the beautiful valleys and white mountains to one of the most important lakes in Incan mythology. Humantay Lake is one of the most stunning places in the region.For those of you who want to experience the wow factor engulfed into a one day hiking adventure then this lake with its turquoise-blue wáter, hidden in the midst of an incredible natural setting, has opened its doors expressing the welcome to you. Upon the Salkantay Valley route, Laguna de humantay is a real jewel of nature, the perfect location to go on hiking and discover hidden magical places. People are drawn to the beauty of nature for the manifestation of divine inspiration here.
- After we pick you up at your hotel at 4am, we will start our adventure to the Humantay Lake with a 3 hour-drive in private transport to Mollepata Village (3850 m.a.s.l.) Our breakfast will be served and the energy levels will be up ready to start our day well before beginning our trek. With one more exciting hour ahead we reach the head of the trail. Disembarking from the car your lungs will expand with the sheer thrill of your surroundings. The landscapes of Soraypampa will hold you firmly in their grip oozing a safety and warmth with a journey of cultural aspects of this region.
- Weather dependant on the quality of fantastic views of these two extrordinary mountains, Humantay (5,900 meters asl /19,356 ft) and Salkantay (6,215 meters asl /20,390 ft elevation). Importantly your guide will give information about the daily schedule and will introduce your group name and take the first official group photo.
- It is a 1.5-2 hour walk to the lake with a low to moderate difficulty and more than worth it when you see the magical alpine views along the Humantay valley. It is also possible to rent a horse instead. Then taking those final steps and reaching the highest point: humantay lake (4300 meters is like stepping into a painting by Leonardo Davinci himself. Unparalleled views of the lake with its turquoise-blue water and the stunning glacier are framed in front of your eyes. You will have plenty of time to look around take photos of the landscape and have some rest time. Your informative guide will share with you detailed nformation of this beautiful lake.
- With your new photo album and personal memories to take away with you we descend back to our driver to drive us back safely to replace the energy used on the excitment of the morning, for a much needed lunch in Mollepata and homeward bound to Cusco arriving around 6.30pm.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Private bus to palccoyo(around trip).
- Professional Tour Guide(English and Spanish speaking).
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch(buffet).
- First-aid kit.
- Oxygen tank.
- Entrance fee.
- Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list.
- Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
What You Need To Take
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Sun cream
- Camera & Extra Film & Batteries
- Personal medical kit