Located in the Andean community of Chonta, Condor Canyon Cusco, provides the opportunity to witness the Andean Condor in flight. This is one of the natural miracles you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
Condor Canyon Cusco
Condor Canyon Cusco
Located in the Andean community of Chonta, Condor Canyon Cusco provides the opportunity to view the magnificent Andean Condor in flight. The largest flying bird in the world soars above the Condor Canyon Cusco skies and can fly as high as 8,000m. This is one of the natural miracles you won’t find anywhere else in the world. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity, especially for the bird lovers. You to will feel the air they breathe as you hike through and see the magnificent views from the Condor Canyon Cusco encapsulating the endless mountains of the Andes, These mountains include the Humantay and Salkantay.
- With an early morning pickup at 6:00 am we will board the bus for our five hour journey heading northwest to the Anta valley. On route our first stop is to visit the outstanding Inca Sites of Killarumiyoc and Tarawasi ( the Moon temple and the ritual place for offerings). Continuing forth to the quaint town of Limatambo. As the mountain ranges grow closer the bus will continue upwards on dirt road to the Puna highlands with limitless views to the scenic mountain valley of Chonta (3,350m / 10,900ft) so close to the Apurimac Canyon.
- Our arrival to Chonta will start us hiking upwards on this great nature hike with stunning views. This is the time to take a deep breath seeing the condors in flight from the lookout point. Embracing the natural inhabitants of Peru´s species of birdlife, flora and fauna of this majestic scenery the deep canyon offers.
- As our time of 1-2 hours takes hold after many pictures of the soaring condors are taken, its back downhill from the lookout point to share in the chefs delicious lunch.
- After a fullday of excitment, sharing time with the angelic condors and carrying a full belly from a scrumptous lunch we descend back to Chonta where our driver will be waiting for us. The end of our day comes back to Cusco around 8:00pm.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Round trip transportation.
- Professional English speaking Guide.
- Entrance fees.
- Lunch buffet.
- Bottled water.
What you need to take
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Sun cream
- Camera & Extra Film & Batteries
- Personal medical kid