This is one of the most wonderful and intact walks in the southern valley of Cusco, known only to local people. The majestic beauty of this area is indescribable in the uniqueness of its surroundings with prolific flora and fauna.
Four Lakes Trek
Four Lakes Trek
This is one of the most wonderful and untouched hikes in the south valley of Cusco only known to the local people. The majestic beauty of this área is undescribable in the uniqueness of its surroundings with prolific flora and fauna. The out stretched views over the lakes are as far as the eye can see, no words can replace the physical beauty mother nature has to offer us. I welcome you to share in this adventure with us.
- With an early morning pickup at 6:00 am we will board the bus for our five hour journey heading northwest to the Anta valley. On route our first stop is to visit the outstanding Inca Sites of Killarumiyoc and Tarawasi ( the Moon temple and the ritual place for offerings). Continuing forth to the quaint town of Limatambo. As the mountain ranges grow closer the bus will continue upwards on dirt road to the Puna highlands with limitless views to the scenic mountain valley of Chonta (3,350m / 10,900ft) so close to the Apurimac Canyon.
- Our arrival to Chonta will start us hiking upwards on this great nature hike with stunning views. This is the time to take a deep breath seeing the condors in flight from the lookout point. Embracing the natural inhabitants of Peru´s species of birdlife, flora and fauna of this majestic scenery the deep canyon offers.
- As our time of 1-2 hours takes hold after many pictures of the soaring condors are taken, its back downhill from the lookout point to share in the chefs delicious lunch.
- After a fullday of excitment, sharing time with the angelic condors and carrying a full belly from a scrumptous lunch we descend back to Chonta where our driver will be waiting for us. The end of our day comes back to Cusco around 800pm.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Private bus to palccoyo(around trip).
- Professional Tour Guide(English and Spanish speaking).
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch(buffet).
- First-aid kit.
- Oxygen tank.
- Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list.
- Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
- Entrance fee.
What You Need To Take
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Sun cream
- Camera & Extra Film & Batteries
- Personal medical kil