Ananiso Canyon is located near to the city of Cusco is a matrix of complex, intricate and exquisite weavings. The Ananiso Canyon provides the opportunity to witness stunning views of the Peruvian Andes, including that of the iconic Rainbow Mountains. Enjoy the most indigenous Ananiso Canyon tour of Cusco and experience mother nature at her best.
Ananiso Canyon is located near to the city of Cusco is a matrix of complex, intricate and exquisite weavings. The Ananiso Canyon provides the opportunity to witness stunning views of the Peruvian Andes, including that of the iconic Rainbow Mountains. Enjoy the most indigenous tour of Cusco and experience mother nature at her best.
The Ananiso Canyon is one of the most spectacular canyons in Cusco, a landscape created over millions of years telling its own story. Waterfalls and native paintings expose their past. The ancient urban vanguard beams innovation and nature brims with splendid diversity. Visit remote communities and see how old ways live on. Immerse yourself, and you will leave Peru a little closer to the past.
- Our adventure begins before dawn to pick you up from your hotel in Cusco around 4:00 am. Then, departing from the south bound for Cusco, following the mountain ranges for 3 hours, observing the colorful heritage towns of Urcus, Quiquijana and Cusipata, the unfolding valleys, rivers running through the rocks and lakes that stretch for miles.
- We will reach the town of Pitumarca (3600m) to stretch our legs and rest, then drive another 1.5 hours following the footsteps of the Ausangate valley. The route encourages us to explore rural villages and views of living and breathing cultures, impressive Inca sites and the imposing majestic snow-capped Ausangate peak standing majestic at 6375m.
- Our arrival at the canyon’s first viewpoint shows us the true strength at the core of the earth. Deep, elongated crevasses form this crust of beauty that shares its vulnerability as the terrain opens the way for us to continue beyond the community of Ananiso (4400m).
At this point, we have the opportunity to physically be in the presence of this impressive Ananiso Canyon. We follow a narrow path for 1.5 hours until we reach the waterfall and on our return we visit the ancient indigenous cave paintings from thousands of years ago. Llamas, alpacas, vizcachas and eagles will see us walking over their sacred sites.
- Lunch will be served in the community of Ananiso and back to Cusco around 6:30 pm.
- Pick up at your hotel.
- Private bus to Palccoyo (round trip).
- Professional tour guide (English and Spanish).
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch (buffet).
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen tank.
- Alcoholic beverages and others not mentioned in the list.
- Rain poncho (can be purchased anywhere in town or along the trail).
- Entrance fee 10 soles per person.
- Backpack, warm clothing (scarf, sweaters, raincoat, gloves)
- Hiking boots
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Camera and extra film and batteries
- Personal medical kit