Cusco is as complex as its most intricate and exquisite weavings not only in the culture but the pure ambience of the earth created under its feet. Enjoy the most indigenous tour of cusco and meet mother nature at her best.
Cusco is as complex as its most intricate and exquisite weavings not only in the culture but the pure ambience of the earth created under its feet. Enjoy the most indigenous tour of cusco and meet mother nature at her best. It is one of the most spectacular canyons in Cusco, a landscape created over millions of years telling its own story. Waterfalls and native paintings expose their past. The ancient urban vanguard beams innovation and nature brims with splendid diversity. Visit remote communities and see how old ways live on. Immerse yourself, and you will leave Peru a little closer to the past.
- Our adventure starts before sunrise picking you up from your hotel in Cusco around 4.00am . Then exiting south bound out of Cusco following the mountain ranges for 3 hours viewing the colourful heritage villages Urcus, Quiquijana and Cusipata the drop down valleys, running rivers pounding through the beaten rock faces and lakes spreading for miles.
- We will arrive to the town of Pitumarca (3600m) to stretch our legs and have breaky then drive for another 1 and a half hours following in the footsteps of the Ausangate valley. The route encourages us to explore rural villages and the sights of living breathing cultures,stunning inca sites and the grand imposing majestic snow capped peak Ausangate standing 6375m.
- Our arrival at the first viewpoint of the canyon shows us the true strength at the earths core. Deep enlongating cracks form this crust of beauty sharing in its vulnerability as the ground opens up the path for us to continue beyond to the Ananiso community (4400m)
- At this point, we have the opportunity to physically be in the presence of this impressive Ananiso Canyon. We follow a narrow road for 1 and a half hours reaching the masquaraded wáter fall and on our return visit the ancient indigenous cave paintings from thousands of years ago. The llamas, alpacas, vizcachas and Eagles will watch us walk upon their sacred sites
- Lunch will be served at Ananiso community and back to Cusco around 6:30 pm.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Private bus to palccoyo(around trip).
- Professional Tour Guide(English and Spanish speaking).
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch(buffet).
- First-aid kit.
- Oxygen tank.
- Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list.
- Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
- Entrance fee 10 soles per person.
What You Need To Take
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Sun cream
- Camera & Extra Film & Batteries
- Personal medical kit