Nature lovers will be delighted to know that there is an impressive hidden world in the south of Cusco. The Qeswachaka Inca Bridge Tour covers an area is full of local cultural history and is not explored by the western world and is located just 2 hours by car.
Qeswachaka Inca Bridge Tour
Qeswachaka Inca Bridge Tour
The Qeswachaka Inca Bridge Tour is perfect for nature lovers who can immerse themselves in a stunning hidden world located only 2 hours (drive) away from Cusco. This area is full of local cultural history, unexplored by the western world. The Pumacanchi Lagoons are four impressive lagoons with black coloured waters surrounded by lush tropical landscape and impressive limestone formations. Get up close to the great outdoors with a boat ride on one of the black lakes.
Honourable workmanship of the Inca times that has been maintained and carried over into our modern world is what gives the Qeswachaka Inca Bridge Tour it’s name. The Q’eswachaka (Inca Rope Bridge) spans across the Apurimac River and very year residents of the region keep the ancient tradition and skills alive by renewing the bridge annually.
Several family groups have each prepared a number of grass-ropes to be formed into cables at the site; others prepare mats for decking. The effort is performed to honour their ancestors and the Pachamama (Earth Mother). The Qeswachaka Inca Bridge Tour is truly an experience you’ll never forget.
- We will greet you for an early morning pickup from your hotel in Cusco and travel through the province of Acomayo making a number of stops to get up and personal with the lagoons of Pomacanchi, Acopia, Asnaqocha, Pampamarca or Tungasuca. These lagoons have many different uses, fishing, totora hut camps and social activities with motor boats and pedal boats. Each lagoon has its unique individually and multiple species of flora and fauna to observe as we visit.
- Moving through the lagoons we pass the the Province of Canas and finally reach our main destination the Inca bridge Q’eswachaka 3,700 masl / 12,139 feet) tucked in and connected to the mountain ledges joining together this 33 meter long and 1.20 meter widegrass and rope platform. Each year the model of ancient history is maintained and renovated by hand to it´s original condition with the use of ichu by the inhabitants of the area. Before carrying out the intricacy of the activity a payment ceremony is made to the Pachamama to get help and protection during process.
- If your´re feeling brave the hanging Inca bridge awaits your attempt, if you have a really good imagination you can feel what it would have been like walking the path of an Inca, it is a very special experience that cannot be missed since it is one of the bridges that lives its tradition from the time of the Incas til this present time. Such an opportunity for great pictures of the authentic and unique panorama. Time to return to Cusco and leave you at your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Private bus to palccoyo(around trip).
- Professional Tour Guide(English and Spanish speaking).
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch(buffet).
- First-aid kit.
- Oxygen tank.
- Entrance fee.
- Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list.
- Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
What You Need To Take
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Sun cream
- Camera & Extra Film & Batteries
- Personal medical kit