MACHUPICCHU BY TRAIN A FULL DAY
At 04:30 am in the morning, our team will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco and take you to the train station in Ollantaytambo. Here, we will board the train to Machu Picchu Town, which will take us through different ecological floors, from the Altiplanicas zones to subtropical valleys; all of them are a sight to behold.
The train to Machu Picchu Town will take 1 hour and 45 minutes. Finally, we will take a 30-minute bus trip from the town to the Machu Picchu Inca Site. This is where our tour guides for Machu Picchu will greet you. Upon your arrival, you will have a 2-hour guided tour in which you’ll be taken through the historical significance of this magical ancient city.
During your tour, our guides can answer any questions you may have about the city and also assist you with navigating the area. If your booking includes the hike up to Huayna Picchu, your tour guide for Machu Picchu will lead you to the gate where your hike will begin. This journey itself holds a wondrous surprise at the end; a spectacular view from the top of Machu Pichu, the valley, and the surrounding mountains.
By early afternoon, our tour guides for Machu Picchu will guide you to the bus back to Machu Picchu Town, which is where you will have lunch in a local restaurant. Our train back to Ollantaytambo is around 2:30 pm; where upon reaching, you will be met by our representatives, who will then take you back to Cusco around 6:40 pm.
- Professional English and Spanish speaking guide
- Private transport from Cusco to train station Ollantaytambo (round trip)
- Train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Machupicchu Town (round trip)
- Bus ticket from Machupicchu Town to Machupicchu Inca site (round trip)
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu. (very import: we include expedition train, if you want to upgrade to Vistadome train, there is an additional price of $67,00 USD per person).
- Private Machu Picchu tour
- Hotel pickup or drop-off in Cusco or Sacred Valley
- Entrance ticket to Huayna- or Machu Picchu Mountain (if selected above; contact us via chat or email prior to booking to check availability)
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco
- Entrance tickets for Huaynapicchu or Macupicchu mountain, if you want to climb, let us know to add to this tour with an additional price and depending on availability.
- Tips for our guide
- A small daypack with water to drink
- Snacks if you like
- Comfortable shoes or runners
- Rain jacket or poncho
- A fleece or jacket,
- Basic toiletries
- Hat for the sun,
- Insect repellent.
- Passport (you cannot board the train or enter Machu Picchu without your passport)
- Student ID card if appropriate.
- Money for souvenirs and tips